Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Whats with mis-boxed or missing parts from suspension companies?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats with mis-boxed or missing parts from suspension companies?

My buddy has been looking for a torque arm for a week now. One of the major midwest parts distributors tahtw ill remain nameless as its not their fault, had 2 BMR adjustable torque arms in boxes ready to go. He gets there to buy one and they are both non-adjustables and misboxed. OK well he is SOL as he wants a adjustable... Off to see if anyone else locally has one. Seems no one stocks any good quality torque arms around chciago. Humpff. So a local spohn retailor orders a body mounted torque arm with a loop from spohn. They take the order and say itll ship next day should be here in about 2 days. OOPS they screwed up they arent ready and are being powdercoated so he has to wait about a week now. Okkkkk... stuff happens whatever. Part finally comes in today, the hardware and angle finder are missing. WTF! Spohn gets called up and they say they can ship it out on monday. The retailor asks for overnight delivery as it was their mistake on top of pushing it back unexpectedly (woulda got a UMI if we knew it was a week wait UMI had no wait) but spohn refuses. I kinda think thats BS. Now the parts wont be here till wed/thu. Almost 2 weeks, on something the promised in 2-3 days originally.

Seems like a lotta trouble to get a fairly common part?? Anyone else ever have to go through something like this with a suspension company? UMI will be getting my buisness i can tell you that much!
Old 05-06-2006, 07:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Whether it's suspension or engine or whatever on the car, yes, this happens all the time with the aftermarket portion of the world. Sorry to hear for you, but it does happen. Never plan on modifying the car based on what they tell you, been burned too many times.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, stuff like that happens alot. I orderd alot of suspensin stuff awhile back, took 1 1/2 months to get everything. Had to talk to the company themselves to find out when the product would ship. Best thing you can do is actually call the company that makes the product and ask them when it would ship if ordered.

Ski
Old 05-06-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the case with spohn the shop he went through was talking to spohn directly on the phone in every contact about the part.

Oh and the part showed up red isntead of black!

Quality is damn nice though ill give em that!

Quick Reply: Whats with mis-boxed or missing parts from suspension companies?