Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Drop question/suggestions 56k comeback next week

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drop question/suggestions 56k comeback next week

well, it finally stoped raining here in PA, since friday of last week, we have been getting pounded. So I got my new rims on and car went no where but, after mounting up there rears, saw the back brakes looked like poopy, so I took the last couple days and did them up right to match the front set up.

Now, here comes my question, I currently am running a stock shock, and spring set up, guess it is time to drop her, lt and y pipe are issues here, I was thinking about the koni sa drop in front and the fuel line mod out back, after looking at my pics, you think this will be enough?

the car sees track every soon often, but mainly I like to rip on the street, handling is very important to me, what can I say I like to go fast and hit the curves hard, any opinions on my current plans?

I do not mind spending money, but I do not what a 3000k set up, basically I want the car to look better standing, and would like a nice handling package that could do some track duty. I do not mind loosing a couple 10th here and there, as the new motor setup will definatley get me back some 1/4 numbers.

well here is the link, dsl, dial up good luck

http://www.clanocdelta.com/z28/exterior/newpics/
Old 05-18-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by daryl2cb@yahoo.com
Now, here comes my question, I currently am running a stock shock, and spring set up, guess it is time to drop her, lt and y pipe are issues here, I was thinking about the koni sa drop in front and the fuel line mod out back, after looking at my pics, you think this will be enough?
With what you mention combined with the mods you already have, I'd say that you've pretty much hit it spot on. By your location, it's probably a foregone conclusion that you'll be consulting Strano on this, but that's just my guess. With that said, you could consult him on his 35/22 swaybar combo that he sells (though IMHO, I prefer to install one mod at a time in order to get the most optimal adjustment/modification required for what you'll be doing).
Old 05-19-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks fox, I was hopeing my research would pay off, so I knew the search button worked, now if everyone would use it.

Quick Reply: Drop question/suggestions 56k comeback next week