Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What should I do about wheelhop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006 | 11:25 AM
Teching In

Default What should I do about wheelhop?

I get pretty bad wheel hop, plus it feels like my transmission is about to come up through the bottom of the car every time i drop it into second when laying on it...what is the best route to clearing this problem? I have already ordered a transmission mount because i got underneath the car and jacked up the transmission, and it moved a slight bit so i figured it wouldnt hurt to have a poly mount there weather it was broken or not....anyway, I was thinking that a set of rear lower control arms would work for the wheel hop...I found some Lakewood LCAs for under 90 bucks, plus I can get a discount on them at work...My question i guess is, will this solve my problem and is lakewood a good control arm for our cars? BTW I am not so worried about traction as I am about the wheelhop issue...I Like to spin the tires from time to time...but lately it has become impossible to do that with the wheelhop. Any input would be nice!
Thanks,
JOE

Last edited by CamaroJoe99; 05-25-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-25-2006 | 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get a set of relocation brackets. I have BMR boxed LCAs and there bolt in brackets, works mint. If your tranny is slamming into the floor then your mount is prob shot
Old 05-25-2006 | 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i agree with the above. lca's and rel brackets. get a good tranny mount (prothane).
Old 05-26-2006 | 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I installed the lakewood lcas and am quite happy with them. They did much more than my phr & torque arm as far as getting my power to the ground and feeling more in control. I'd give them a shot before ordering the relocation brackets too.
Old 05-28-2006 | 11:37 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the responses guys!
Old 05-28-2006 | 02:22 PM
Launching!

I have never experianced wheel hop since installing my LCAs, and I had it pretty bad before then.
Old 05-28-2006 | 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like something needs to be fixed, not necessarily modified. My "wheel hop" ended up being my exhaust hitting under the car when I got the little bit of acceptible wheel hop. I tweaked my exhaust around a bit and it's fine now. Might want to check to see if it looks like the exhaust is hitting anything if it flexes.

Quick Reply: What should I do about wheelhop?