Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

adjusting koni sa

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjusting koni sa

O.k, just replaced bilstien HD's and sportlines (horrible combo) with 3rd gen koni sa's and hotchkis springs. Now, my question is how do you adjust them? There seems to be no start and stop point when turning the shaft as per the picture on the shock. The way they are they are WAY stiffer than the HD's. I turned them a bunch of ways in both directions and there was no difference. I see on the 4th gen fronts that there is a + and - symbol next to the adjusting tab. I have not yet attempted to adjust these before I find out what I should be doing. What and where is the adjustment? Am I turning the wrong thing? I dont want to damage these ( they cost more than most of my mods combined) Any help would be app.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I've never specifically seen the 3rd gen SA's, but the 4th gen shocks have a horizontal window near the shock hat. There is a little dial in there that you move clockwise or countercloskwise (as viewed from the top) to adjust your rebound. Typically using an allan wrench, moving a hole from the far side of the window to the other far side is called a 'sweep'.

I've never actually counted the sweeps, but I seem to recall reading that there's about 12 sweeps of adjustment. It does take a lot of force to turn them (at least if they're new) and you'll know when you've reached the end of adjustment as they'll become pretty stubborn to move