Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering Springs on 18's!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006 | 01:44 PM
12 Second Club

Default Lowering Springs on 18's!

Im getting 18" Z06 wheels, and dont want my car looking like a monster truck. I also dont dont want it too low because of ground clearance for the LT's. I just want a nice clean aggressive looking drop. What do you guys think i should get?

I was thinking between the Pro or Sport Eibach kit?? aNy one have pics on a ta with 18s??
Old 05-26-2006 | 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Too low would be 2" (Eibach Sportline, Intrax)

1" is (BMR, Hotchkis, SLP Eibach)

The ProKit does give an aggressive looking stance because it is in between in drop length. The Sportlines do look good as well, but they're too low. You'll be scraping all over the place.

Anything else is in between the two. Or you can do the heater-hose mod and the front lower perch mod with the Koni SA shocks. That's less than 1" drop all around.

It's easier to search or use the sticky on the top of the Handling & Braking forum, unless you are having problems with something or have a very specific question. But 18s can be done no problem as long as you keep an overall stock diameter (about 25.5").
Old 05-26-2006 | 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98redM6
Too low would be 2" (Eibach Sportline, Intrax)

1" is (BMR, Hotchkis, SLP Eibach)

The ProKit does give an aggressive looking stance because it is in between in drop length. The Sportlines do look good as well, but they're too low. You'll be scraping all over the place.

Anything else is in between the two. Or you can do the heater-hose mod and the front lower perch mod with the Koni SA shocks. That's less than 1" drop all around.

It's easier to search or use the sticky on the top of the Handling & Braking forum, unless you are having problems with something or have a very specific question. But 18s can be done no problem as long as you keep an overall stock diameter (about 25.5").
adding to your too low list would also be G2....
Old 05-26-2006 | 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

is the SLP Eibach's the same as the Pro kit?

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs on 18's!