Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front Sway arm bushings look like they where tosted over a fire-what kind to get next

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006 | 05:00 AM
10 Second Club

Default Front Sway arm bushings look like they where tosted over a fire-what kind to get next

Took my front sway arm off for the first time for some drag racing last weekend and the bushings on the ends look like there melted and all deformed. Thought about going with poly right away then I heard they maybe squeek....

Just wondering what everyone goes with, and why they might look that way. I will try to post some pics later on today...

Thanks for your time
Old 05-29-2006 | 05:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

For the sway bar body-to-frame bushings and the endlink bushings, poly is quite okay. Unlike trailing arm, panhard rod, upper and lower A-arms, there isn't quite a big dependence for the bar to manoeuvre. The bushings are more for pliance, so poly bushings in those areas are okay, provided you use a good synthetic wheel bearing grease for lubrication to prevent bind squeaking.
Old 05-29-2006 | 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Ditto,

use a good grease and the poly won't cause any squeakage.
I use Valvoline Synpower, never had any squeaks from ANY of my poly bushings. I have poly sway-bar and LCA, PHB bushinga as well.

Quick Reply: Front Sway arm bushings look like they where tosted over a fire-what kind to get next