Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Which performance "none lowered" coil spring should I go with
Ground Control Adj. Coil-over
44.44%
Eibach Drag launch
44.44%
Neither, try this one instead
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Which performance coil springs should I go with??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which performance coil springs should I go with??????

My specs for the car are in my sig. The car is a daily driver but it will see drag strip time about once a month or so. Also these springs will be used with KYB AGX adj. shocks. So I don't really want to lower the car, I don't think, since I'm running a STS turbo setup and ground clearance is kinda at a premium. So that doesn't really leave me with too many options. I am stuck between the following 2 springs. Also if you know of a better option please let me know.

Ground control Adj. Coil over setup P/N 2510 $369.97
From the WS6store

Eibach drag launch springs P/N EIB-9307-140 $252.95
From Summit Racing

Hope you guys can help me decide what the best choice is cuz I'm needing new springs here real soon. My stockers are starting to sag pretty bad. Thanks!!

Later

Last edited by Turbo T/A; 05-31-2006 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Anybody got an opinion about one being better than the other????
Old 06-01-2006, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Your not gona get many replies because its obvious that you dont know what you want. The ground control's set up is completely on the other side of the spectrum from a drag launch kit. I doubt your stock springs are sagging, it mostlikley your shocks.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

I'm running new AGX adj. shocks. I know the springs are sagging because they can't handle the constant extra weight of both the turbo and the stereo equip in the back of the car. My main question is how good are the drag launch spings for daily driving and how good are the Ground controls for drag racing. I know the drag launch are good for strip and that the ground controls are good for daily driving, but I'm trying to find out which on gives me the best of both worlds. I want it to hook up at the track but still give me a decent ride on the street.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

I know these 2 springs are not even close to being the same. My main question is how good are the drag launch spings for daily driving and how good are the Ground controls for drag racing. I already know the drag launch springs are great for the strip and will cut a .10th or 2 off your 60' and that the ground controls are great for daily driving with a great ride and great for their adjustability. So I'm trying to find out which on gives me the best of both worlds, daily driving comfort and also be able to let me hook-up and cut a good 60' time. I'm hoping to hear opinions from people who have run the ground control's at the track and opinions from people who have driven with the drag launch on the street.

I'm kinda leaning towards running the ground control's because I can adjust the ride height and I've heard they ride great, but I'm just worried about how well they perform at the strip. If they don't perform well at the strip I'll pick up the drag launch setup, but then i'm just curious about how well the car rides on the street with them installed. Thanks for your time.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

Anyone???

Quick Reply: Which performance coil springs should I go with??????