Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Vibration through pedal/floorboard

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration through pedal/floorboard

I posted this in the "General Repairs" section but had only received one response, hopefully I can get some more traffic here.

"I recently had a bunch of work done to my 2000 SS after an accident. The car slide of the road during the last snow storm and damaged the subframe and front right lower control arm. I put new 17" ZR1s and new BFG KDW 275/45s on all four corners. I had STS do the mount and balance. A very reputable shop (a sponsor) replaced the subframe and control arm. The alignment was set by a prefered shop that did the suspension work. The car now has a vibration that seems to come from the gas pedal/floor board at low speeds, and seems to go away at higher speeds. Alignment is fine, goes straight down the road. There is very little to no vibration coming through the steering wheel. I didn't have this problem before all this work was done. Does it sound like a bad tire balance, or something more serious like a driveshaft out of balance (possibly due to the accident?) Thanks."

The one response I got suggested that the hub might be damaged. The shop looked at it and said it looked OK. Does it sound like a hub? Possibly the knuckle?