Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering Tech Article

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Tech Article

I've searched but nothings come up except "Lower that 4x4" Does anyone know of an article that give step by step for replacing the springs/struts on the car?

Thanks
Pork
Old 06-01-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

try www.installuniversity.com or www.ls1howto.com i believe it is..thats where i found mine..it was almost a perfect step by step manual..u will most likly need to cut the nut off the top of the spring perch so be prepared for that..
Old 06-01-2006, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mostly the passenger side is what rusts. Not many have an issue with the driver side.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

MC you da man. Thanks for the links.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

ya i know but both of mine were rusted so i was just sayin to be prepared..

no prob good luck on the install
Old 06-02-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcowart
try www.installuniversity.com or www.ls1howto.com i believe it is..thats where i found mine..it was almost a perfect step by step manual..u will most likly need to cut the nut off the top of the spring perch so be prepared for that..

Yes, its a perfect step by step manual if your car only has 2 miles on it. I used that POS install guide off of LS1Howto and this was the very first time I had touched my struts and shocks on my car. Never mentioned ANYTHING about the rusted to hell passenger side strut bolt, nor did it mention the fact that you'll probably have to cut out the endlinks either because they will also be rusted beyond all recognition.

Take it from the guy who jumped in with both feet with just the guide and some tools. Get some type of metal cutting disk, get and impact wrench. Get a breaker bar also. Don't even **** with the endlinks trying to get them off. Just saw those bitches off, and get an endlink kit from Thunder racing... it will save you alot of time and heartache.

Also, Impact wrench will really help you with the rear shocks.

Additionally, don't roll up the carpet. Lower the back seat and you will see some preforations on either side that you can cut through. If you lift those little flaps, then you will see the top of the bolt. Makes it alot easier to adjust later on.