Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni DA's yellow. Bought them couldn't resist, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Koni DA's yellow. Bought them couldn't resist, what do you think?

I paid 7 big ones for them. All 4 brand new. I know it's a little overkill but I'm not sure how far I may want to go at the strip and wanted them to be fully adjustable, while still maintaining streetability.

I read a lot on here and I got the concesus that the Hals were the way to go if your at the strip and love to bounce yo head like those big headed mini dolls do. So I says to myself 'aww hell naw, I aint paying good money fo almost non-valved shocks that operate like blown ones'. I think Sam S. is right if anything you'd want to go Koni cuz u now your getting some valving in there and if your soooooo wanting to do the best you can at the strip then pay the xtra do for the doubles. To be honest with you I was considering Monroe sensa tracs untill I found this deal and just couldnt pass it up.

Anywayz it seems like no one has run DA's at the strip. And if i'm picking up things right according to Koni, for drag racing you want no compression and fair rebound on the front and no compression plus firm rebound out back. This is according to their SPA1 drag shocks line of theory. Ah anyways, I'll have to experiment, I'm going to imagine that they are not 90/10 valved at all and I may not come close to that valving even with the adjustment cranked to their extremes, but with the adjustments I have I'll be able to adjust whatever internal valving it does have and lean them to their best track setups when need be. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Good buy you guys think?? It's tuff to find the best of both worlds, you really can't have your cake and eat it too. I wanted to be serious at the track too don't get me wrong but I don't go that often and thats the truth for fear of breaking things. But I do dump into 3rd when a Mercedes tries me on the highway, and u know something?? u can't be bobbing your head around when your up against these new machines out there, they run tight man, they are not loose, I came to the conclusion that the middle of the road is Koni SA or DA's for that extra dial in or if you wanting to really try your best at the strip and still be serious on the street. What kind of Camaro are you if you lose all your grip on the road??? anyways not knocking anyones setup, I just think it may be dangerous to push your cars with setups that lean more on the loose end to favor the strip so aggressively. But maybe some ppl can resist themselves. I know I can't.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good Buy! I got mine for $650+a trip to detroit to pick them up. Which wasn't bad because I wanted to go the the detroit autorama autoshow anyway so 2 birds one stone. I've had mine in the car for about 2 1/2 months or so and love them. I've not been to the drag strip yet so I can't say how they will do. I have been to a roadcourse and they are awesome I put over 1 lateral G in my car with all season street tires and I haven't dialed them in yet. I'm waiting to get a new set of springs from Sam, then go to an open track day to dial them. So Congrats! and get those babies mounted.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Launching!

they sound like a very nice buy. However you need to work on your language/typing skill. Parts of the that post were painful to read.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hahah yur funny, there's paragraphs, good spelling throughout, and a purposely implied lingo-style of ebonics.

Pearle vision has sales on eye checkups and for loosening up I recommend any local bar + Corona extra's with a twist of lime. Usually works to shake off work developed or social developed ****-ness. Hop to it scooter.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

Default Truuuuu

Originally Posted by License2Ill
hahah yur funny, there's paragraphs, good spelling throughout, and a purposely implied lingo-style of ebonics.

Pearle vision has sales on eye checkups and for loosening up I recommend any local bar + Corona extra's with a twist of lime. Usually works to shake off work developed or social developed ****-ness. Hop to it scooter.
Koni DAs-700.00, crazy comment-much effort, Slam dunk comeback-PRICELESS.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hahah you should send that one in for their contest!! good 1.

Quick Reply: Koni DA's yellow. Bought them couldn't resist, what do you think?