Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Quick Handling Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick Handling Question

I got a little problem, perhaps its in my head but over the last few weeks its felt like somethings a little wrong in the rear end area. when i take turns, especially under a little power, the body feels like its sliding around and its not the rear end or tires breaking loose. i cant figure out what it is still, the car feels kinda funny lately. the LCAs i have were on the car when a friend of mine hit a curb and destroyed the rear end, so im not sure if those are saying they have had enough and are beginning to show signs of wear from the accident. or im thinking the stock torque arm has had enough. or another opinion i got is maybe my trans mount has gone out again. i always have problems with those, so im thinking maybe that went out somehow, its a poly one though, so i dont know.

in short, the car feels very loose but its not the tires breaking loose at all, it feels like the rear end is shifting almost if that makes sense. also when turn and i hit a bump, it does the same thing, it feels very loose and trys to step out a bit yet the tires arent loosing traction. its quite odd. let me know what you guys think it could be, id very much appreciate any help i can get regarding this. thanks in advance
Old 06-04-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Start with a visual check. Make sure your swaybar endlinks are intact and in good shape, then move on to the panhard bar and go from there.

-Mike
Old 06-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Launching!

went through it, didnt see anything wrong with anything near the rear end. but ill need to get the car in the air to get a real idea whats going on i think.
anyone else got any idea??
Old 06-04-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Does it feel loose in the rear? Mine was doing that and I just got done installing UMI Panhard Bar and rear Lower Control Arms. Tightened it right up.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Launching!

yeah, im missing a panhard bar, which im sure will help, and perhaps some new lcas and a tq arm should be the fix im looking for
Old 06-05-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by STKoRn97
yeah, im missing a panhard bar, which im sure will help, and perhaps some new lcas and a tq arm should be the fix im looking for
Please define "missing a panhard bar". Do you mean you're still running the stock components there?

-Mike
Old 06-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Launching!

haha, sorry, bad wording, yes, im running stock panhard bar, sorry about that. didnt realize i typed it that way.