Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni / Hotchkis setup from Strano

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Koni / Hotchkis setup from Strano

Here is a copy of a PM sent to Sam Strano the other day after I finished installing the Koni / Hotchkis setup he sold me. I am very pleased with the setup, espically after getting it aligned. Pushed the car hard again last night and could definately feel the difference. It'll be interesting to mess around with the setup to get it the way I like. Great customer service and Sam is excelent with explaining things. He will also highly suggest if you should not do something, then explain why he feels so.

Sam,
I installed the Koni's and Hotchkis setup you sold me a while ago. I could definately tell a difference in daily driving, but i can really tell the difference when I push the car. Previously, the car had DMS springs with Bilstein HD's up front and the deCarbons in the back (94K mi). I also had a half a coil cut out of the rear springs.
The height changed from 27 1/4" (rear) and 25 3/8" (front) to 27 1/2" (rear) and 26 1/4" (front).
I still need to adjust the rears to the softest setting to see what that is like. The fronts are nice at four turns from hard, but I might change them just to see the differences.
The car does rides smoother, but to be honest with you, I kind of expected a little more smoothness as far as the daily driving. I guess that will come along with further testing/tuning. I'm still learning about the settings and stuff (that's half the fun, being able to adjust it to suit me).
It's nice not having the rear bouncing around and throwing me everywhere whenever I hit bumps (espically in curves).
Thanks again for everything.
-Marc Lafleur

Sorry for the long writeup; just wanted others to see how I felt about the service and product.