Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LSx in what platform for road racing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSx in what platform for road racing?

My brother and i are debating what donor car we should use for road racing...not worried about fitting in, in any class, abiding by certain rules etc..

what car would y'all suggest going with? planning on going with a tt 383..

both of us are partial to the 3rd gen camaro, but not 100%...with that said, not really looking at spending more than a few thousand at the absolute most for a shell.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put in in a Ferrari Enzo shell.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Launching!

Corvette FRC, you can pick up the early ones pretty cheap. Cheap for a vette anyway. My TA will probably turn into one of those down the road sometime. I just realized you wanted a donor car. I'd do the last generation RX7 personally. One of those would get my vote. Light and a great handling car. The LSX is lighter than the 13B? from everything i've read too.

Jon

Last edited by Jon B.; 06-09-2006 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Because i'm a dummy...
Old 06-09-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Matt281
My brother and i are debating what donor car we should use for road racing...not worried about fitting in, in any class, abiding by certain rules etc..

what car would y'all suggest going with? planning on going with a tt 383..

both of us are partial to the 3rd gen camaro, but not 100%...with that said, not really looking at spending more than a few thousand at the absolute most for a shell.
So your building an open track car, as a road race car is just that, a car that will acually be raced competitivly against others.

A 383 would be a horrible choice for a motor in a car like this. The motor should have a big bore and short stroke. Theres a post in the advanced section about stroker cranks right now.

You have a lost of reasearch to do. Good luck with your project. You might also want to check out www.frrax.com as theres a good number of people there who road race 3rd gens.

Quick Reply: LSx in what platform for road racing?