Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what setup for street use?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what setup for street use?

I want my car to be let noisy over bumps (everything fucken rattles),its every day driver. I dont want to buy springs, I want to use stock springs. I'm thinking about some sway bars and shocks. and yeah I want it to hook at the track (about once a month). Whats a good setup.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:18 AM
Launching!

First do shocks, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. My order of preference would be Koni SA's, Strano revalve's, Bilstein HD's. A big front bar work's great for improving handling by increasing spring rates. I like either Strano's 35mm or Hotchkis 36.5mm (both hollow). You alredy have a 32mm hollow, all others are either too small or too heavy or both. Balance the rear with no bigger than a 21mm solid (22mm hollow works great). Get a good custom alignment (lot's of negative camber) with good tire's and I promise you, you'll have a very controlable car that's stable at speed with vastly improved roll rates and brake dive. The cars weight will transition so smoothly it will be night and day over what you have now.

P.S. A big front bar can hurt traction, you can alway's remove the endlinks at the track.

Scott.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds Good