Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

whats for handling and whats for stiffening?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default whats for handling and whats for stiffening?

hey everyone i was wondering what parts are better for handling and what parts are better for drag racing and stiffening the chassis. im still trying to learn about this and the search button didnt give me all the information i needed. i would like my car to handle as well as my friends 99 M3 and be able to pull the wheels up when im at the track, but i know thats not feasible. Im just looking for something that will give me really good handling, but i will still be able to launch pretty well. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2006, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your looking to stiffen the chassis I would definitely get weld-in subframe connectors. If you want your car to handle as good as your buddies 99 M3 you would want to get Koni shocks, better sway bars, lowering springs, an adjustable panhard bar, lower control arms, etc. Basically a whole bunch of suspension upgrades. The only thing is Koni's are more geared towards handling not for drag racing at the strip and they are expensive ($825 + shipping for the Single Adjustables). So it all depends on what your looking to do with the car. It's always a safe bet to give Sam Strano a call and talk to him about your setup. He knows suspension stuff and is very willing to help. His website is www.stranoparts.com.