Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Removing ABS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing ABS

Im thinking about removing my abs, i have a 99 z28, The car sees most of its life on the street, but i am trying to make it as fast as possible. It would be nice to free up some weight and room from the engine bay. What are your feelings since its a street driven car 95% of the time? i would be adding a line lock at the same time i did this probably
Old 06-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your driving in the rain a lot you might wanna keep it. If your like me and only drive it on nice sunny days then id say go for it and remove it. If you ever come into a situation where you need it then do it the old school way....pump the brake
Old 06-15-2006, 09:21 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This modification is overlooked quite a bit. Dollar for dollar, our kits are the best bang for the bucks out there. To be able to remove ~15 lbs up to ~20 lbs from the front end (traction control guys) is huge. You end up saving money in the end since when you're purchasing an aftermarket rear-end, you do not have to choose an ABS option.

You also won't be handicapped using similar front/rear diameter tires. It also removes issues with drag and road race use when ABS tends to activate quite a bit when it is NOT needed or wanted.

Removing ABS does not effect normal braking whatsoever. Actually, since all of our kits include a proportioning valve, you're now able to fine tune your braking system and re-bias front/rear pressures. This is especially important for the guys changing tire sizes, rotor/brakes etc...If you don’t have a line lock already, then the addition of one will enable you to heat up your tires for racing.

...if you've never felt pulsing from your brakes during very hard stops, then you've never used ABS...You’ll never miss it if it was gone.

Reading my comments certainly shows a win-win situation. Sell the modulator to someone else who doesn't want to remove ABS and you'll probably end up making money...