Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

diff between 3 channel and 4 channel ABS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default diff between 3 channel and 4 channel ABS?

just as the topic says what is the difference. My car is a 98 and im looking to get a new rear end but the 9in will only accept 4 channel ABS with traction control. Also i dont think my car has traction control since i can burnout really easy. The dash has a light and it illuminates for a sec when the key is on acc but after that nothing. Guess its 12 bolt for me
Old 06-19-2006, 10:31 PM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or a Dana 60 from strange.
You could go 9" & loose the ABS......
Old 06-20-2006, 08:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Easy way to check for traction control...If you don't have a traction control button, or don't have 4 indiviual brake lines leading to each wheel or wheel speed sensor on each rear-wheel backing plate...you don't have four channel ABS.

Choose whichever rear-end you prefer. Unless ABS is that important for you...delete it. Depending on what you choose, non-ABS rear-ends are less expensive AND will be less problematic in the future. You no longer have to deal with HAVING to run equal diameter tires so ABS can be utilized, issues at the track w/ABS acting up when you don't want it to... and no more trouble-shooting issues of "why is my ABS not working correctly".

We can help you with your rear-end purchase if you decide on either a Strange 12 bolt or a Strange Dana.

We also manufacture an ABS delete kit which will drop ~15 lbs from your front end while adding a proportioning valve which enables you to fine-tune your brake bias. This is especiallly important if you're changing to different tires, rotors/pads etc. You'll also clean up your engine bay quite a bit and increase thermal transfer.

Our kits come ready for most line lock solenoids if you already own one, or we can include one with a complete electrical kit w/LED indicators, master switch and control switch with assessories in the kit at minimal costs...down to even the rubber grommet for running the wires through the firewall.