Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni SA rear

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni SA rear

I have some problems with rear shocks.. I haven't installed those yet, but I'm tryring to find out how to adjust the shock .. I have the ****, and Koni's website talks about the button... you should hold down that when you adjust, but these Koni's don't have that.. and I do not get any click when I turn the ****.. and I turned some rounds and did not get any "maxed" out or so.. And now I'm very confused how stiff or soft is that.. is there any way to find out?
Old 06-20-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well if its 4gen rears it comes with a **** that shows which way is tighten or soften......

3rd gens rears are different.

I don't know which ones you have.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I responded to your PM (which was identical to this message). There is nothing wrong with your shocks. Install them on the car. There is no button on yours, there are no clicks, and they aren't maxing out because they aren't installed and you aren't turning the adjuster, but the entire shock rod.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 06-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Teching In

When I have installed, is there some stop when the shock is in the softest or the stiffest position?
Old 06-20-2006, 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

YES, there is a positive stop on both ends of adjustment. I forgot how many turns of total adjustment though, Sam, Anyone??
Old 06-20-2006, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After I put mine on I turned them all the way down and then all the way up. 2 & 1/2 turns until they are maxed out.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Default Koni SA front

Do you adjust front shocks before installation?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

These are the basic settings that Sam Strano told me to do before installing them:

"-Set fronts all the way to full stiff (+) then back off 4-5 full sweeps of the adjuster across that slot.

-Rears. Set full soft, then up 1/4-1/2 turn"

After that just try to find what suit your needs best
Old 06-29-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kokki
You're probably better off adjusting them while mounted, just so things don't get out of adjustment while you wrangle them into place. This means you'll have to put a little forethought into how you mount them. Perhaps making sure the adjustment windows face out, toward the wheel, so you don't have to try to reach around the shock and/or wrestle with them.

-Mike
Old 06-29-2006, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kokki
I was playing around with my shocks before installation to get an idea how to adjust them once they are on the car. I ended up adjusting them to full then adjusting them completely to soft just to get the feel for the adjustment settings. For the final adjustment prior to putting them on I turned them to the softest setting (-) then I adjusted them 5 sweeps (+) towards stiff then installed them. I haven't touched them since. I figure there's nothing wrong with that and I can always adjust them at a latter time. Next time I adjust them I'm probably going to move them 1-2 sweeps (+) towards stiff.

Quick Reply: Koni SA rear