Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

new rotors any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006 | 12:28 AM
Teching In

Default new rotors any suggestions?

I'm in desperate need of new rotors. The brakes feel horrible when pressed and when pressed the steering shakes etc....what are some good replacements nothing outrageous i have a stock SS. I want something Value/Performance...

Thanks
Old 06-21-2006 | 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Kevin_02_SS
I'm in desperate need of new rotors. The brakes feel horrible when pressed and when pressed the steering shakes etc....what are some good replacements nothing outrageous i have a stock SS. I want something Value/Performance...

Thanks
Call up sam strano, he's a sponsor. He'll recommend brembo OEM blank rotors, pbr front pads, and hawk rear pads. I installed mine about a week and a half ago and it is a HUGE difference. I love them. Before I put them on, my rotors were warped to hell and it was embarassing to even give someone a ride in my car, it was really that bad. "Oh dont mind the bad shaking, thats just my stock brakes . I also ordered braided stainless brake lines and new brake fluid, but I have yet to recieve those almost a month later , they said they are on back order.

James