Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm + relocation crossmember vs torque arm + LCAs

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Torque arm + relocation crossmember vs torque arm + LCAs

Trying to cure some wheelhop....I know I'll be going with an adjustable torque arm, but what I'm debating now is whether to get the relocation piece for the torque arm (have to run a tailshaft-mount because of the true duals), or a set of adjustable LCAs instead.

Seems like the LCAs would help more with wheelhop, but I'm not really sure.

With the adjustable stuff (LCAs and torque arm), do they come "preset" for the stock rear, as far as pinion angle, LCA length, ect, or does that have to be checked and set when installing?
Old 06-25-2006, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, as far as wheel hop. The lower control arms will do the trick. The adjustables work great for lowered cars, but I think they are a waste for stock ride height. With the torque arm its best to get the relocation piece to keep the strain off the transmission. Also get the adjustable torque arm that way you can change the angle of the rear axle so you hook up better. Hope this is somewhat helpfull.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be going with an S60 and 315s out back eventually, so the adjustabe LCAs would help center the axle in the wheelwell, right?

Thinking about just waiting another week or so and ordering the torque arm relocation piece, too. Might as well do as much as possible while I have the duals off to install the torque arm, I guess.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

The torque arm relocation kits are a very nice set-up and work excellent. They remove the stress off the transmission tail shaft and prevent damage to the tail or mangling the clam shell up. We usually recommend the relocation kit on vehicles running 10.50's or faster in the 1/4, this is when you are most likely to see failure. Some have broken going slower times and some have held at faster times. Breaking or bending the clamshell seems to be more common. Below is a link to our set-up with some installation pictures.

http://www.umiperformance.com/2207.aspx

And a little more info..

Adj. lower control arms allow you to move the rear end foward or back. A adj. panhard bar allows you to move the rear end side to side.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 06-25-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

The torque arm relocation kits are a very nice set-up and work excellent. They remove the stress off the transmission tail shaft and prevent damage to the tail or mangling the clam shell up. We usually recommend the relocation kit on vehicles running 10.50's or faster in the 1/4, this is when you are most likely to see failure. Some have broken going slower times and some have held at faster times. Breaking or bending the clamshell seems to be more common. Below is a link to our set-up with some installation pictures.

http://www.umiperformance.com/2207.aspx

And a little more info..

Adj. lower control arms allow you to move the rear end foward or back. A adj. panhard bar allows you to move the rear end side to side.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
I'm not quite that fast, so I'll just stick with the torque arm and LCAs for now, and get the relocation kit down the road a bit.

Do you all include instructions on how to properly adjust the torque arm after install? That's the one thing I'm not quite certain of right now, as far as how to properly do it.