Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strano Bars

I'm going to be buying some Strano sway bars in the next couple weeks but I have a quick question. Will I only be able to tell that they're there during hard cornering? I know that's when it'll make the biggest difference but what about driving around town?

I'm trying to build the best all around car that I can drive everyday yet still tear up the twisty back roads here in WI.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:37 AM
TECH Addict

Me personally, I noticed the difference when I went from my stock SS sway bars to a set of Strano bars. Not just in "hard cornering", but also in other things like when I go to manuever around an object on the road or a simple turn. In general, there is less body roll when you turn the steering wheel. Not a drastic change as if you were to swap out shocks/springs, but a noticeable difference none the less. When you get them, you'll love them.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:49 AM
TECH Addict

Thank you for the reply, I really do appreciate it.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:43 AM
Launching!

I just got my strano sway bar kit...I'm going to put it on Tuesday morning. I will let you know how they compare to the stock bars.

btw this is my first suspension mod besides wheels and tires.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well most things you do to the supension...springs,shocks,bars, good tires.. You can tell the difference becuase your supension as at work 100% of the time while driving.

So yes you will be able to tell a difference on a daily driver.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Launching!

I installed the bars on tuesday with no real issues. The install was pretty straight foward.

Took the car out for a test drive and immediatly noticed a difference. I mean, I could tell a difference in the steering just pulling out of the driveway. Steering is way more responsive and agile. Hard cornering is way more linear....no body roll. The rear seems to be way more under control in turns. When the back end steps out it is way smooth and recovering is much easier than before.

I would highly recommend these bars to anyone who wants to turn their car into a corner carver. Its almost a night and day difference.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I ve got the Strano Hollow bar kit 35/22 with all the poly bushing (that came with the kit).His product are really well made and the fittment is good so the install is very easy.

He give me so much good service that i ve aslo bought a set of Koni adjustable shock

I ve tried it and i can tell you that there is a huge difference.I ve tested them on highway exit and entrance(45degree + curve) at some speed that the stock bar would give me some heavy body roll and scared me.Now the car stay stiff and even ask for more .

I also feel the car is more responsive even on normal city driving, changing lane or overtaking is now better then ever before.

With Sam you dont only get the best sway bar combo, but you get also a hell of a great customer service even after you have buy them
Old 07-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Staging Lane

I've had a set of the Addco's (just like Always Faster) with the Koni 4/4 shocks around 400 miles now.... on goodyear f1 ds-g3 rain tires.... she lays into the curves fairly well, little roll and that is nice and slow as the tires get that well "planted" feel in the curves, with a slight delay. manuvers require a light hand on the wheel; A joy to drive. your mileage may vary. red 99 z28. If you end up not liking them, I guess you could get a set of say Hotchkiss bars and sell the Addco's on here or ebay...
Old 07-01-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedZ99
I've had a set of the Addco's (just like Always Faster) with the Koni 4/4 shocks around 400 miles now.... on goodyear f1 ds-g3 rain tires.... she lays into the curves fairly well, little roll and that is nice and slow as the tires get that well "planted" feel in the curves, with a slight delay. manuvers require a light hand on the wheel; A joy to drive. your mileage may vary. red 99 z28. If you end up not liking them, I guess you could get a set of say Hotchkiss bars and sell the Addco's on here or ebay...
Thank you and thanks to everyone else who responded I really apprecaite it.
I know Strano bars are the best out there I just wasn't sure if they would be worth the money because I don't do autocross and I don't road race. Basicly I just want the best street car out there. Thank you again for you help, I'll be ordering my Strano's.

Quick Reply: Strano Bars