Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Torque Arm

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI Torque Arm

Just wanted to post up my torque arm experience. First of all I ordered SFCs and the TA from UMI's site and they came in short order. They accidentaly sent me an adjustable TA instead of the non-adjustable that I paid for but they told me just to keep it rather than sending it back (thanks UMI).
It took me about 2 hours to put it in by myself last night. Would have gone a little faster but at first I was trying to grind off the stock bushing rivets while the clamshell was still on the car. After I got past that foolishness everything went great. I had to go buy a 15/16 wrench which was mysteriously missing and an angle finder from Lowes. Then I set it to -2 degrees (going to the track on Fri.).
So far I have done a UD pulley, LCAs & the PHR but this was the best thing I've done. Before I couldn't get the tires to hook unless I launched at < 2k on the street. Now I can pretty much drop the clutch at 3500 and it just takes off. My best 60ft so far has been 2.2x. I think I'll be able to get that to 2.0x now.

SUMMARY: I love this mod. Easy, relatively cheap and I notice a big difference launching.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice....I can't wait to order mine, along with their adjustable LCAs. Hopefully that'll help out a bit with the skinny tires.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats cool you got the adjustable for the fixed price. Practice your launching you should be able to get better than a 2.2 60' on stock suspension. These parts will only help you out of course but with better launch technique you will see even greater improvement.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

new suspension parts are great i just got my torque arm in today and man is it beefy, congrats on the new toy man
Old 11-15-2006, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

Got mine in, haven't put it on yet. I was somewhat disappointed on how much heavier it feels. But, I guess that's because I just added so much weight with the Dana...every pound from here out is getting to me.