Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

about to order shocks and springs..

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default about to order shocks and springs..

I'm looking at the revalved bilstiens by sam strano and the eibach pro kit for my 99 T/A....any suggestions before i go this route?
Old 06-30-2006, 05:58 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

I'm no expert, but thats probably a good choice. I have DMS with a new set of Decarbons (I know I shouldn't have used them, but I had them already). I'd like to get a set of Sam's revalves.

If I had it all to do over again, with all that I have read lately, I would keep the stock springs on a set of Koni SA's. Set the front on the lower perch and do the heater hose mod on the rear. $800 from Sam, about the same as revalves and a set of springs.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds feasable. I had Sams revalves. To be perfectly honest I would dump the springs and go with the Koni's with a front bar. Thats just me, I have both Koni's and Revalves. But dont' get me wrong revalves are good too.

Good luck and Sam will not guide you wrong when you call and order.

Aftermarkert springs and stock DECARBONS is REALLY DUMD, but thats just me. It's like order a 25 dollar steak and dropping 5 ounces of ketchup on it and wondor why it tasted just like something cheap. But you still have to pay the 20 bucks instead of 7 or 8 for H. steak.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:00 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

what is "DUMD"?

talk about dumb.

sorry, just kidding, couldn't resist.

your points are valid.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nothing aganinst you, I just feel like its not the best, since decarbson are pretty crappy lol. But you can always buy shocks later.

I just feel fro the bang for the buck its better to do shocks/springs at the same time.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolformula
....REALLY DUMD, but thats just me....
The irony!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah alot of people talk good about sams revalved so thats what im rollin with...i heard its gonna be a night and day difference with them on...i have stock and i got 58000 miles on my trans...i cant wait
Old 07-03-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you say stock decarbons suck what aspect do you mean- the handling capability, the dampening, or the ride itself? I'm looking for a comfortable set of springs and shocks. Any suggestions? And what is revalved, used resbuilt shocks?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SStolen
When you say stock decarbons suck what aspect do you mean- the handling capability, the dampening, or the ride itself? I'm looking for a comfortable set of springs and shocks. Any suggestions? And what is revalved, used resbuilt shocks?
Yes, the overall dampening capabilities of the DeCarbons suck. I looked at you other post SStolen and you are definitely due for different shocks, and maybe springs. The revalves mostly touted on this forum are what Sam Strano offers to his customers who decide to stick with Bilsteins HD's, but want to pair them with a good lowering spring, however I'll let you talk to Sam directly, which you should definitely give him a call. He even might think that Koni SA's would be for you.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toofless916
I'm looking at the revalved bilstiens by sam strano and the eibach pro kit for my 99 T/A....any suggestions before i go this route?
That sounds like a good setup IMO. As others have said, definitely talk to Sam about your setup, he will not steer you wrong. In case you were thinking about getting Koni SA's I can definitely say from experience with them they are an awesome shock. Good luck!

Quick Reply: about to order shocks and springs..