Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Im stupid please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Im stupid please help

Ok i am done, i have gone bonkers trying to understand this. I have a 99SS with LG springs waiting to go on. What shock can i run. I dont understand y LG would sell shocks that wont work right<from what i read?> I mean these guys are awsome at road racing. SO why wont it work?? and more inportant what shock should i go with?? I have seen people talking about the KA but whats the part number and how much are they?? Last what would happen if i did run the LG with the HD??

thanks everyone

Damian
Old 07-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

What do you mean the spings wont work? Are they broken? I think what you mean is that they may not be right for your setup. As far as shock selection, the Bilstein HDs were not designed for those springs and would not be the optimal choice. Although I do not know the optimal choice.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP1
What do you mean the spings wont work? Are they broken? I think what you mean is that they may not be right for your setup. As far as shock selection, the Bilstein HDs were not designed for those springs and would not be the optimal choice. Although I do not know the optimal choice.

Yea thats it sorry. Why are they not the optimal choice and what is??? ALso why would LG sell them that way if there not.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you looking for a good explanation just take the time and give Sam Strano a call. He can speak to you over the phone and explain everything in detail. My understanding from talking to Sam and others is that when going with lowering springs you need to get a set of shocks that can handle the increased spring rate. Bilstein HD shocks can't handle the spring rate properly, that's why Sam revalves them to match the lowering springs you are using. Koni shocks (SA or DA) can handle any spring rate and are considered the best shocks out there as far as handling goes. I called Sam and he was unable to speak with me right away and I left a message with a good time for him to call me back. Sam called me back and I spoke to him for about 30 min about my setup and which direction I wanted to go. When it comes to suspension you want to talk to someone who knows what their doing and Sam is a 3 time SCCA champion and is willing to talk to you and give you advise for FREE. I'd call him if I were you. Hope this helps.
Here's his conact info:
www.stranoparts.com
Email: arlyn@stranoparts.com
Order line: 800/729-1831
Tech line: 814/849-3417
Fax: 814/849-6305