Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pros & cons of poly endlinks & bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pros & cons of poly endlinks & bushings?

OK, so I have the poly bushings on my panhard rod (happy with that), and the poly/rubber combo on my LCA's (happy with that too).

What are the pros & cons of switching from the stock rubber bushings on the swaybars to poly swaybar bushings?

What are the pros & cons of switching from the stock swaybar endlinks to stiffer poly endlinks (e.g. Energy Suspension)?

Are there any bushing manufacturers to stay away from? I was surprised when I saw yesterday that the Autozone near me carries Energy Suspension products, but since they do, that would be the easiest way to go.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:36 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Pros & cons of poly endlinks & bushings?

All poly bushings are pretty much the same. Nothing is changed through whoever makes them, except the color..

I have them on front and back of my car. No cons to report, you don't even know they are there. I can't really tell you if I noticed a difference or not. I don't go around turns fast, I just mainly did them because I had about 50 sitting around in a box. FYI, you don't need to buy the whole Endlink kits. Just go to a parts store and pick up some bushings, and use your stock endlink rods. Works just fine....

Josh

<small>[ May 12, 2002, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Damian ]</small>
Old 05-13-2002, 01:30 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to say since I put them on with 1LE sway bars. No cons though. I heard that they're going to be noisy, but that must have been the installers fault. They'll help you stay flatter around corners by minimizing the deflection. The bushings hold the body deflection in check, while the endlinks the wheel part. You really need both to make a difference.
Old 05-17-2002, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 99's stock front and back had poly endlinks. They were white in color. I relplaced them anyway. The replacement parts looked nicer, plated metal, the bolt is more substantial, and the bushings are more substantial as well.

I modded the on body bushings to accept grease zerks.

Cons, costs money.

Quick Reply: Pros & cons of poly endlinks & bushings?