Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Opinions on what I want..

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Opinions on what I want..

Sounds almost identical to mine ...

Only I have a Suspension Techniques front 35mm sway and 21mm rear 1LE sway.

I am very pleased with the handling of the car.

One thing that made a HUGE diference on turn in is poly/rod lower control arms. LGM offers those as well. I would highly recommend them.

Call and talk with Lou about a package deal.

$250 install price is probably a little low. Springs alone will take 4 hours for 1 person.
Old 06-13-2002, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well... these cars allready have awesome suspensions...

i have BMR boxed SFC's... i wish i would've bought something else though... i don't think they're very strong at all... and when i installed G2 springs, i ran out of jacking points real fast

the only things on that list that i think you should buy are the shocks and panhard bar...

make sure whatever panhard bar you buy has at least one side with a spherical bearing on it..(i like aftermarket panhards because they seem to make the car a lot less scary to drive around corners, but that doesn't mean 'faster')

if you get your bilsteins revalved, you need to decide what springs you are going to use first(or buy a set of revalved bilsteins for all the different springs you want to use)

i'm not against lowering springs or anything else on that list though... i've put a crapload of stuff on my car.. i lowered the car because i like the way it looks, installed SFC's to get rid of t-top rattle... and then there was a time where i bought some other stuff blindly that didn't work out(or have a cause).. and now everything i buy has to do with autocross

my set-up is on my crappy site if you'd like to take a look:
http://prockbp.freeservers.com/
Old 06-14-2002, 12:26 AM
Launching!

Default Opinions on what I want..

First off I have a 2002 Z28 stock suspension(17's 275/40's). It is my daily driver that I want to handle well. Heres what I'm thinking of doing:
G2 Super Springs
G2 Sway Bars
BMR Panhard bar
BMR Subframes(boxed)
and possibly some Bilstien HD's or revlaved HD's

Anyone have anything close to this set up? Anyone have opinions on this setup? Any thing you would do differently or add on or think I don't really need? Please give me your opinions. Also from the prices I've seen on the net this will prob run me around $1000(not counting the HD's and estimating $250 for the install). Mind you the install price is just a round figure I came up with, if anyone else can shed somelight on a decent install price also I would appreciate it. Thanks as always guys.
Old 06-15-2002, 10:58 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the replies guys. If I have the springs done I might as well do the shocks while they are in there right? Kinda kill two birds with one stone rather than doing them separate and paying labor twice.

<small>[ June 15, 2002, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: JasonG ]</small>

Quick Reply: Opinions on what I want..