Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

downsides to TA / SFCs / and LCA relo brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default downsides to TA / SFCs / and LCA relo brackets?

i wanted to know if any of you noticed any annoying side effects after installing any of these or a combination of the above parts. im having all 3 installed on my car in a few days and i just wanted to know if i should expect anything negative.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

only if you dont like your car hookin like hell out of the hole and more solid and not squatting
Old 07-08-2006, 09:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well since your puttin on parts for racing, not just daily driving you need to expect some driving change. It should be stiffer & more responsive. You will probably feel more of the road.

It definetly won't feel like its floating down the road. If thats what your after get a caddy.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Well since your puttin on parts for racing, not just daily driving you need to expect some driving change. It should be stiffer & more responsive. You will probably feel more of the road.

It definetly won't feel like its floating down the road. If thats what your after get a caddy.
agreed!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol naw man i want the car to hook limke a **** out of the hole and if thats what im gonna get then im happy
Old 07-08-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh yeah it will i love all the suspension mods i did, well worth the money
Old 07-08-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

ive got UMI Poly / rod end PHB and LCAs already installed so im looking forward to a very solid car. next step is konis...
Old 07-08-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

After my weld in sfc install, my exhaust has been knocking on the passenger side subframe connector. Very annoying but will be taken care of soon.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

If you do a search on torque arm, then you'll see that many people are complaining about an increase in NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) with crossmember-mounted torque arms. You'll also see posts on the transmission tailshaft breaking with the transmission-mounted torque arms, but there's a relocation kit available from Umi and BMR that will keep that from happening.

Relocation brackets could cause dangerous oversteer, induce brake hop, and cause wheel hop in reverse if you use it more than just to correct your factory LCA angle after lowering. Just do a search for much more info. There's a lot out there.

I don't think there are any issues with SFC's. It's a no-brainer to get them welded by a professional. I mean why would you unbolt bolted SFC's? Just to sell them?! What a hassle.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by damon_Z
If you do a search on torque arm, then you'll see that many people are complaining about an increase in NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) with crossmember-mounted torque arms. You'll also see posts on the transmission tailshaft breaking with the transmission-mounted torque arms, but there's a relocation kit available from Umi and BMR that will keep that from happening.

Relocation brackets could cause dangerous oversteer, induce brake hop, and cause wheel hop in reverse if you use it more than just to correct your factory LCA angle after lowering. Just do a search for much more info. There's a lot out there.

I don't think there are any issues with SFC's. It's a no-brainer to get them welded by a professional. I mean why would you unbolt bolted SFC's? Just to sell them?! What a hassle.
thanks for the info. ive searched alot but i didn't know about the risks of the relocation brackets. im planning on putting them on a near stock level now until i lower the car in a few months. only reason im putting them on now is they are weld in so im getting them done the same time i get the SFC welded in. i ordered the tranny mounted TA for now, because my power levels are near stock... later ill add TA relo brackets if i ever am in a power level where there is a risk to my tranny. any other tips out there?

Quick Reply: downsides to TA / SFCs / and LCA relo brackets?