Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What Brakes are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Brakes are you using?

I used EBC red stuff brakes on my 2002 Firhawk Trans Am at road america. The red stuff EBC brakes says it is for track use but the brakes burned and started to particle apart. EBC said they will not warranty because the brakes were used on a track. EBC brakes are advertised to be used on a track, but now once used on track EBC does not warrtanty. I have pictures of the pads which do not look good but can not post for some reason.

What brakes are you guys using for the track?
Old 07-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Teching In

to the top
Old 07-09-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

**** I use the AC DELCO pads I get from the dealership ALWAYS..they do not make a mess, last a long time, and work good compared to some of the 'other' great makes, according to a couple people I know.......they cost a little more though. I don't run too hard too often though really....
Old 07-09-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

have you looked into carbotech pads. I know a few members here have had good results with them.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard very good things about Stillen's Metalmatrix pads. One of the hardcore handling guys on thirdgen.org always suggests them. I never had a chance to try them on my old car like I had planned. I'm pretty sure they make front pads for these cars, I know they make rear pads because I know they were available for the LS1 rear brakes I had on that car.

EDIT: Oops, apparently they don't make Metal Matrix pads for the front of these cars, my mistake.

Last edited by DuronClocker; 07-10-2006 at 01:35 AM.