Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA Q's, and Clearance issues with tires...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LCA Q's, and Clearance issues with tires...

First of all, I have a Moser 9" (housing anyways is Moser), BMR Tubular LCA's, BMR Adjustable TA, and I *think* thats all that should matter for this question...

I have pretty nasty wheel hop, and I was informed I could use some relocation brackets, which I'm willing to get. My question is this: Do I need special relocation brackets since I have a 9"? I noticed that Spohn sells Moser specific brackets, but it doesn't look as though BMR does...

Question 2:

I have some 28X11.50 ET Streets mounted on a set of 16" stock wheels, and they just DON'T FIT. They fit under the car ok, and there doesn't seem to be any backspacing problems or anything....But the tires actually hit the wrap around of the rear bumper/back fender. I haven't found anybody else with this problem, any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Will
Old 07-10-2006, 10:24 AM
11 Second Club

Anybody?

-Will
Old 07-10-2006, 11:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Will,

What you are seeing is very common with a 9". We just installed one over the weekend and had to correct all the problems you are seeing as well as use the relocation brackets we sell just for the Moser housing.

Here is what you need to do. First off is purchase a set of adjustable lower control arms, we carry them and I will be glad to help with that. Use the control arms and center the rear end in the fenderwell, this will take care of the clearance issues for the tires. Now lock the control arms in place, once you get the rear end centered you can now install the relocation brackets. The relocation brackets will also really help to cure your wheel hop issues. I pasted a few thinks below, please take a look and if you have any questions I will be glad to help.

Moser Relocation Brackets- http://www.umiperformance.com/2011.aspx

Adjustable Control Arms- http://www.umiperformance.com/2017.aspx

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 07-11-2006, 01:19 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks Ryan, you just earned yourself a return customer (did a lil business with ya'll awhile back, on a mustang lol)...Gonna go ahead and warn you that I may be a nuisance though . Since you obviously know what you're doing, I'm will to take the advice, I'd REALLY like to get this worked out!!!

I hope to purchase the parts you listed in a week or so, when I do, I hope you won't mind my PM'ing you for further details on how to set the suspension up right...

-Will
Old 07-11-2006, 08:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Will, glad to help. When ever you are ready just let me know and I can set you up. Installing a 9" can be tricky, in most cases they are a custom install and never just go right in.

Thanks again!
Ryan
Old 07-11-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I saw another supplier was offering 1/2 inch bolts in place of the 12mm bolts because the 12mm bolts are not quite big enough for the holes on the LCA. Is there any truth to this?