Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Impressions on UMI torque arm relocation kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Looks like a very nice piece. I could definately benefit from it and I would have bought one after reading your review, but upon following the link, I must say I am now in complete sticker shock I just can't see how something like that can cost almost twice the price of a set of SFC's I mean, you easily got 2x the material in the SFC's and more complex brackets on the SFC's. I am completely dumbfounded at the pricetag. I want one, but I think I'll just have to browse the for sale section and hope to get lucky enough to find a used one at a more realistic price
I agree they are pricey, but I put the BMR one for TH400 in my car and it solved several problems for me all at once.
Definately worth the money in my opinion.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by revtime
I agree they are pricey, but I put the BMR one for TH400 in my car and it solved several problems for me all at once.
Definately worth the money in my opinion.
Trust me on this guys...the price is worth every penny on this piece.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DVST8OR
It will fit just fine. I have Hooker longtubes and true duals as well and it fit with no problems. Remember this is a replacment piece for a transmission brace that is already in place it just includes a provision for the torque arm, clearance is exactly the same as before.
Got any pics of this on your car? I was thinking about going with this but not sure if it will clear my drive shaft loop and my x-pipe
Old 07-18-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
Got any pics of this on your car? I was thinking about going with this but not sure if it will clear my drive shaft loop and my x-pipe
Not yet....I'm on vacation and moving into a new house. A new series of pics of my car and all the new mods will be coming soon.

Your drive shaft loop should be further down the line and not interfere with this at all. Again guys, this is replacing the existing transmission mount that is already on your car. If your duals and drive shaft loop are already clearing the existing transmission brace, then you will have absolutely no problems with this brace clearing them. Its just a stronger piece with provisions for a torque arm mount.

And there is a sh*t ton of pics of this piece on UMI's site, just follow the link I posted on the first page.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

To clarify, DVST8OR doesn't mean the actual "transmission mount" as you can still use the factory rubber piece. You can see it clearly in the pics.

Just caught my eye, as i'm going back to the rubber to cut down on this vibration. I'm also getting this UMI piece...and i'd hate to have to use a poly mount.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have poly tranny mount and t-arm poly bushing and compare to stock it does vibrate a bit around town and like at 70mph but then everything is good at 75 and over till 120 were it starts again
Old 07-21-2006, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DVST8OR
Not yet....I'm on vacation and moving into a new house. A new series of pics of my car and all the new mods will be coming soon.

Your drive shaft loop should be further down the line and not interfere with this at all. Again guys, this is replacing the existing transmission mount that is already on your car. If your duals and drive shaft loop are already clearing the existing transmission brace, then you will have absolutely no problems with this brace clearing them. Its just a stronger piece with provisions for a torque arm mount.

And there is a sh*t ton of pics of this piece on UMI's site, just follow the link I posted on the first page.
where's the pics bro?
Old 08-02-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OKay, so thanks to this thread - I decided to go ahead and order the UMI TA relocation bracket for myself!

I ordered the black style, all my suspension parts, stock or aftermarket are black in color. Got it installed on Monday, and have been driving it around for the past 2 days so far.

I was learly about any added noise or harsh vibrations that something like this might add...To my pleasant surprsise, there is no added noise or vibrations!

I even dare say, its handling a bit smoother. Maybe thats just in my head, but I'm very happy with the way its running right now.

Quick Reply: Impressions on UMI torque arm relocation kit