Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I got some KYB AGX for free, are they worth installing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I got some KYB AGX for free, are they worth installing?

I bought a car to resell, and the owner threw in some uninstalled brand new KYB AGX shocks with the car.

Im not going hardcore drag or auto-X with my car, but I do like to beat on my car and would like it to perform nicely. Are these worth installing, or should i sell them and hold out for something else?

I searched and read all the threads and only became more confused about what to do. Some people say they suck, and some people say they are great. Almost everybody agrees that they are better than stock though.

BTW im keeping the stock springs on the car.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Junkie

They are OK, I had them with Hyperco springs on my 93 and I liked they way it rode. The Bilstien\BMR setup I have now is much better though.

So for free yes I would install them, although if your just going to sell the car I would put them on ebay probably get 200 for them easy.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
They are OK, I had them with Hyperco springs on my 93 and I liked they way it rode. The Bilstien\BMR setup I have now is much better though.

So for free yes I would install them, although if your just going to sell the car I would put them on ebay probably get 200 for them easy.
No I mean put them on my Camaro, Im keeping that for a while. I bought 2nd Camaro to sell.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Junkie

If it were me I'd sell them for 200 and spring for some Bilstiens for 320 shipped. then go with Hotchkis or BMR springs. Far from the ideal setup for road racing but for street use FAR superior to stock. ONe of the biggest improvements I found was in the braking much more controled.

JMHO

Bobby

Quick Reply: I got some KYB AGX for free, are they worth installing?