Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

**METCO LCA's and aftermarket PHR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default **METCO LCA's and aftermarket PHR?

I recently lowered my car and have terrible wheel hop from the middle throughout first and second gear. I figured I would need the LCA's for the wheel hop and an Adj. PHR to re-allign the rear. My problem is I don't know which ones I need. I know for a lowered car you need the adj. PHR but what is the advantage of a double adj. PHR? Also, all of the control arms i've seen have been non-adj. What are the advantages of adj. LCA's? This car is 95% daily driver and cruiser, 4% street racer (from a roll 25+mph) and 1% drag racer. I'm assuming the advantages are adjusting the suspension to track needs for autox and the like but I do none of that.
I was going to go with the METCO LCA's and Relocation Brackets from LS1 Motorsports. They seem to be the only LS1 company that sells them. They are actually made for Buicks but are the same length so they will fit the f-body platform. Also, its what Rob Raymor has on his 9 second Turbo Z28 so they have to work. They are made out of solid T6 aluminum so they are not the boxed hollow type and are a whole lot stronger. My goal is only 450hp though, not 1000+ like himself (Yes I'm pretty sure it has over 1000 hp now) so I'm thinking it may be overkill. I want to get them for the quality but I don't want to get them because they weigh ten pounds more than the stock LCA's. I have 18" chrome ZO6 wheels and they are heavy as hell. They have slowed me down three miles per hour over my stock ten spokes as it is. I can't afford to add more 'unsprung' weight. If anything, I would like to get lightweight LCA's to get back some of that speed. I have a very slow first gear now, pretty much the whole car is a dog low-end until about 70mph. What do you suggest for my application now that you know what I'm going throug? TIA- Mike W.