Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LT1vs. LS1 sportlines + shock ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1vs. LS1 sportlines + shock ?

I am looking to buy sportlines for my 01, and I ahve seen it metioned somewhere that lt1 sportlines are better than the Ls1 sportlines. Can someone give me some insight as to why? Also I currently have the SLP Bilstein suspension, will the shocks work well with the new springs? Is there any pictures of an LS1 car with LT1 aportlines? Thanks for any help!
Old 07-13-2006, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

c'mon some suspension juru on here know what I am looking for. I have done some searching, but cant find the answer I am looking for!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

there is a difference between sportlines for an LT1 and LS1?? i bought a set of sportlines for my 95 Z28 from my friend who had them on a 98 LS1 and i assumed that the sportlines were the same for all 93-97 f-bodies. anyway i really like my sportlines except for the fact that i daily drive my car and it scrapes on everything.... but handling is amazing and with a set of koni adjustable shocks/struts and poly sway bar bushings.... i hope that info helps ya. i guess my point is that i didn't think the spring rate or height was any diff. between the LT1 and LS1 bu i could be wrong
Old 07-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Teching In

I just did some reasearch and there is a different part number for an Ls1 vs. Lt1 car. Mine in my sig is with the correct springs for an Ls1. The only difference might be for a different weight of the car. In that case you would want the ones for your specific car. IMO
Old 07-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

hmm, i didn't know that there was a difference but that makes sense if the cars' weights are different. good to know.... now, i just hope my springs are ok in my LT1 cause they are out of a 98 LS1
Old 07-15-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyz28
hmm, i didn't know that there was a difference but that makes sense if the cars' weights are different. good to know.... now, i just hope my springs are ok in my LT1 cause they are out of a 98 LS1
My understanding is that the LS1-sportline fronts are softer due to the weight savings of an aluminum block, so your front end will be softer--which also means lower.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

that sounds rite.... when i put the springs from my buddies car in my LT1 the first thing out of his mouth was "damn your car looks lower than mine did".... i just thought it was in his head cause I have a set of aftermarket wheels which make the car look low, but i guess he was rite. oh well. they're in there now and i am not changin' em. but thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: LT1vs. LS1 sportlines + shock ?