Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

315's with Lowering Springs - Bad Idea?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002 | 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default 315's with Lowering Springs - Bad Idea?

I have stock shocks/springs on my 99 Z28 with 17x11's on the rear (GS backspacing) and 315's.

I bought a set of Granatelli lowering springs, and we are going to install those next week.

HOWEVER, I also have these 1/2" or so rubber mounts on top of my stock springs, I've been told to replace them with just a thin piece of rubber innertube material (or similar) to deaden noise and that will lower the car an additional amount.

Is the combination of the Granatelli springs plus taking out the rubber things (what are they anyway?) going to be TOO LOW with the 315's and 11" wide wheels???

tia!
Old 09-11-2002 | 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: 315's with Lowering Springs - Bad Idea?

I have eibach sportlines and 17x11w/ 315's in theback. No rubbing when im justcruising around or drag racing. It only rubs when i take corners too fast, and even then its not that bad. Not too sure about the rubber things. Hope that helps.
Old 09-11-2002 | 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm slammed on 315s w/ Sportlines and no rubbing and no modification at all.
Old 09-11-2002 | 11:18 AM
Launching!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jhelms:
<strong>I have stock shocks/springs on my 99 Z28 with 17x11's on the rear (GS backspacing) and 315's.

I bought a set of Granatelli lowering springs, and we are going to install those next week.

HOWEVER, I also have these 1/2" or so rubber mounts on top of my stock springs, I've been told to replace them with just a thin piece of rubber innertube material (or similar) to deaden noise and that will lower the car an additional amount.

Is the combination of the Granatelli springs plus taking out the rubber things (what are they anyway?) going to be TOO LOW with the 315's and 11" wide wheels???

tia!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You think you're nervous, I'm going to do 18x315 with my hypercoils! We shall see!

As far as the rubber thingies, you will get an increase in road noise and possibly some "creaking". My hypercoils came with poly inserts to use there, a bit thinner but not much.

-Dave