Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front Caliper Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Caliper Bracket

i'll call it a bracket for lack of a better term anyway. My question is this - Is the metal piece that mounts to the front brake caliper supposed to slide? My doesn't, and from what i can gather it should.

Edit: I was in a hurry when i posted this originally. The caliper is supposed to slide on the bracket, correct? If so, mine is frozen up, and the local parts store doesn't show it as available. Where can i get one (or a pair, haven't got to the other side yet)? This if for a 98 Z, by the way.

Last edited by sixthfloorfreak; 07-15-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by sixthfloorfreak
i'll call it a bracket for lack of a better term anyway. My question is this - Is the metal piece that mounts to the front brake caliper supposed to slide? My doesn't, and from what i can gather it should.

Edit: I was in a hurry when i posted this originally. The caliper is supposed to slide on the bracket, correct? If so, mine is frozen up, and the local parts store doesn't show it as available. Where can i get one (or a pair, haven't got to the other side yet)? This if for a 98 Z, by the way.
It should slide on 2 3/8 pins that bolt to the bracket
good luck with it Dale
Old 07-16-2006, 06:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You probably just need to regrease the caliper bolt. They can be taken off using 2 wrenches, the exact sizes are on www.installuniversity.com. Basically you need a box wrench to hold one nut while you undo the other with a socket. Once you do that, the pin slides out. Autozone then has grease you put on the pin allowing it to slide. Since you're checking one, you may as well check all 8 ( 2 per wheel, top and bottom ). When you put it back together , the torque spec is 23 ft/lbs.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

the old brackets went to hell when i tried to take them apart as you guy suggested...found a local place that sold calipers and brackets as a set for $30 a piece, so i got it taken care of. thanks