Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Panhard install

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002 | 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Default Panhard install

I am planning on installing my single adjust LG panhard tomarrow along with my poly tranny mount on my '02 SS and I am wondering if I need to lube the rod end and/or the poly bushing end of the rod? If so...what type of lube should I get?
Old 09-18-2002 | 08:54 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Panhard install

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by talonis:
<strong>You'll need to lube the poly end. I don't believe you need to lube the rod end, but not 100% on that one. As for what lube to use, I used the Prothane super-lube, you can get it from a lot of the sponsors here (I got mine from thunder racing).</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I lubed both ends (the poly end has a grease fitting, and I also smeared it on the ends of the bushing) and also put some in the ball joint and twisted it around to get it in there. This is the only way the aluminum pieces that come with it will go into it nicely, is with some grease. Hey it can't hurt anything that I know of. I used lithium chassis grease.

-Dave
Old 09-19-2002 | 12:01 AM
Launching!

Default Re: Panhard install

You'll need to lube the poly end. I don't believe you need to lube the rod end, but not 100% on that one. As for what lube to use, I used the Prothane super-lube, you can get it from a lot of the sponsors here (I got mine from thunder racing).

<small>[ September 18, 2002, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: talonis ]</small>

Quick Reply: Panhard install