Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Coil over kit vs shocks, springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Coil over kit vs shocks, springs

i was looking to purchase a the G2 coil over kit but need some thing that wont be too low or not low enough. you guys with lowered cars recommend not spending too much money i have FLP LT's and dont want to scrape so should i go coil over or G2 springs and revalved shocks
Old 10-16-2002, 01:15 AM
Teching In

Default Re: Coil over kit vs shocks, springs

the G2 you can adjust the Ride height. Should be good with your long tubes you can adjust it so they clear and won't be to low. I want to get some when I get the money.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

what about the ground control i heard those were good but not too knowledgeable about the product. a few weeks ago we saw lou @ one of the vette shoot out @ RCR he knew his **** and gv some good info
Old 10-21-2002, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

My vote would be for the G2 coil overs. I have them on my car and they made it a completely new car.

Not only do you get the adjustablity of the height of the car you get something that really changes how the car feels and drives. Hell I think it rides better than what it did being a stock 1LE and it corners 100x better.

You could call them up and see about a spring and shock package for it if you didn't want to spend the money on the coil over kit, and you would still have a car that did a lot better than stock.

<small>[ October 21, 2002, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: 1LEThumper ]</small>
Old 10-22-2002, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

I have them too now... I also have the new style (aluminum threaded shock body)..

This is good stuff, and I'm very critical.. trust me.

At $1600 its a good deal... considering equivalent systems for other cars (H&R, Tien, ground control) cost the same or more...

Steve
Old 10-22-2002, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Mecham,

If your car's for the street, I can't think of any way to justify the LG coilover kit over the Ground Control. I use the GC kit with some Bilstein shocks (fronts revalved by Sam Strano) and am VERY happy with it. My total expenditure was less than $700. Even if you didn't find good deals on the items I bet you could get my setup for half the price of the LG kit. Granted, the LG kit might be better for a track car, but the GC kit is very durable, easy to adjust, and much cheaper. I use mine for autoxing and track days and am very satisfied.