Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Instructions for Spohn Torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instructions for Spohn Torque arm

just wondering if anyone had these that they might could scan and e-mail to me. I just bought a used Spohn (race version) that I am going to be putting in tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone had copies of the instructions or could tell me how to exactly set the pinion angle and everything else up. I did a search but I only found a few posts and they were pretty much confusing.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:26 AM
10 Second Club

Default Re: Instructions for Spohn Torque arm

What exactly do you need to know...mostly just pinion angle setup?

First get an angle gauge. Get the car level on a rack(ramp type.. all four wheels on the platform) or on blocks(with jackstands under also for extra safety) under the tires.
Put the gauge on the bottom flat part of the TA mount where it mounts to the differential. Record the angle and note wether it is nose up or nose down past zero on the gauge.
Next put the gauge on the drive shaft down near the pinion. Record angle and again note down or up past zero.
The perfect angle for every car is different but Spohn reccomends for racing that a mild car have around 1 degree down pinion angle. That means that if you record 0 degrees on the driveshaft you need 1 degree down on pinion. 1 degree driveshaft, then 2 degrees down pinion angle etc.
Higher HP cars need 2-3 degrees down pinion angle.
Also for everyday driving you need to run at or near 0 degrees or for less bind and strain on u-joints.
If you need install info you can email me...
Old 10-24-2002, 07:34 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for taking the time to reply mine I have it in and so far everything is good. I am still getting some wheel hop and not much more traction either but I had it set at zero. I'll do more later and let you know.
Old 11-03-2002, 12:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chad,

If you still need the full copy, we just put one in a friends 1992 Z28 with a 1997 T-56 and I could scan and send you the full instruction set. Drop me a line at trackbird@columbus.rr.com if you still need them.