Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone using SLP Bilstien springs to lower the rear?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 02:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using SLP Bilstien springs to lower the rear?

I want to get rid of the jacked up look the stock SS has.Has anybody swapped out the stock SS rear springs to the SLP bilsteins to lower the rear.Also will I need adjustable lca's to go along with the springs? Are there any better ways to lower the rear enough to make the car sit level.I like the front height just need to get the rear the same.

Thanks,Chris
Old 11-30-2002, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Anyone using SLP Bilstien springs to lower the rear?

The Bilsteins are shocks, SLP uses their own spec Eibach spring to drop their cars with this shock. And I think you mean Adj Panhard rod. The panhard rod will not be nessisary with a modest drop from the SLP Eibach springs, but would help to "allign" the rear.

-Nick
Old 11-30-2002, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your front end will sit higher than the rear, and look really dumb. I used slp eibachs, front and rear, and I still cut the front springs 1/2 coil to get the car to sit right. With the stock springs up front, it would be even worse.

If you want to lower the rear a slight amount, remove the spring insulators on the tops of the springs, and replace with some kind of rubber hose (to prevent metal/metal contact).

Dope
Old 12-01-2002, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I honestly do not know. You may have to buy the entire Level 1 suspension package to get the shocks and springs? Can any SLP guys chime in?
Old 12-02-2002, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dope:
<strong>Your front end will sit higher than the rear, and look really dumb. I used slp eibachs, front and rear, and I still cut the front springs 1/2 coil to get the car to sit right. With the stock springs up front, it would be even worse.

If you want to lower the rear a slight amount, remove the spring insulators on the tops of the springs, and replace with some kind of rubber hose (to prevent metal/metal contact).

Dope</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I dont want a huge drop I just need to get the rear down a bit.If I remove the insulators is the drop enough to cause any suspension binding or funky geometry which will require adj phr and lca's.Im thinking not but just want to verify.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2002, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by niphilli:
<strong>The Bilsteins are shocks, SLP uses their own spec Eibach spring to drop their cars with this shock. And I think you mean Adj Panhard rod. The panhard rod will not be nessisary with a modest drop from the SLP Eibach springs, but would help to "allign" the rear.

-Nick</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do the SLP equipped cars have the same P/N's for the phr and lca's as the non Bilstien SS's have?

Thanks
Old 12-02-2002, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can go to SLP's website and check out their SLP 'level 1' package and see what it includes. I know it includes LCAs, but not sure about panhard.

You can also buy the springs and shocks seperately, I sure did.

Dope