Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

EBC Greenstuff brake pads? Anyone use em?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 03:03 PM
10-Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EBC Greenstuff brake pads? Anyone use em?

I was just surfin TireRack.com & came across these brake products, I was wondering if anyone has used them & how well they worked. How dusty where the pads? Also, found some cheap OEM replacement rotors made by Brembo for the F-bods that cost $61 each. I bet the are tempered better than the stock ones & won't warp as bad, anyone used em to verify this? Thanks

TireRack Brake Stuff
Old 12-05-2002, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: EBC Greenstuff brake pads? Anyone use em?

I am running Brembo OEM rotors from tire rack with Carbotech Panther Plus pads. I have not managed to abuse them enough to get them to warp (but we did make several back to back stops from 130 mph one day with no fade and the rotors lived just fine). I warped the stock rotors at 7500 miles with stock pads (junk....). We run EBC's race compound pads on my friends NASA American Iron race car (I crew chief for him when I have time) and they seem to work very well. (But no experience with Green Stuff pads myself, though I've heard good things). I'd say the rotors are a great idea and you'll probably like the pads as well (or check out porterfield's street pads at www.portierfield.com I believe, or the Hawk street pads). Good luck.
Old 12-05-2002, 10:06 PM
10-Second Club

I've used the Hawk pads for street use & loved them. They stopped well and didn't seem to fade. I used them with Powerslots & never had a problem other than keeping my wheels clean. They are very dusty to say the least.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should check out the EBC Green pads and rotors. They are very high quality pieces. The pads dust less than the stock pads, but have a higher coefficient of friction.
The rotors are beefier than the stockers, so warpage won't be a problem.
There is a GP on these pads and rotors right now...super price.

Quick Reply: EBC Greenstuff brake pads? Anyone use em?