Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Baer GTP Brake Kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Baer GTP Brake Kit ?

I just wanted to see if anyone out there was running the Baer Grand Touring + and what there thoughts were on the system.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2002, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Baer GTP Brake Kit ?

I like them. I have no complaints so far. Somebody was asking about this on LS1.com yesterday, so see my response....

I have the 13.15" GT+ setup. It has worked great for me, but I do have not been to the track with it yet....although I do tear up the backroads at times, like yesterday, 20-25 miles, 5pt harness on, triple digits, hard braking, no problems. The Baer kit does come with the same calipers as the Z06/C5 which are pressure cast in order to hold upto the heat and resist flexing. The C5/Z06 only have 12.6" rotors. The Baer rotor is 2 piece with an aluminum hat, and still weighs 22 lbs, compared with 17 lbs stock. This allows the rotor to absorb and dissipate a lot of heat. The downside is more unsprung mass and rotational mass, but I am sure this is the case with any big rotor brake setup. The G2 being an all steel rotor probably weighs even more.

I broke them in carefully, by gently seasoning the rotors for about 2 weeks. Then there is multiple bedding days, the last consisting of 8 HARD stops from 65-5 back to back. The braking actually improved, and no warping. The last stop was probably from 80 as I was so excited...and the HP of the LS1 let me slip past 65 quickly. They say the rotors should get upto 900-1100F during this procedure.

You can check out some pictures on my website comparing stock vs. GT+.

http://dennis.cz28.com/modifications.htm

Good Luck,
Dennis
Old 12-17-2002, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Hey your website is horrible. Its pop up after pop up after pop up. It would be great to see what you have done to your car without being hassled by that crap. Just thought I would let you know.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Actually he has one of the better install sites.

You get what he pays for. Find a popup blocker.

Quick Reply: Baer GTP Brake Kit ?