Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

old mattress spring sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old mattress spring sound

Where are yall gettting your first spring squeeks (front or back)? I thought it was coming from the front, but my wife road with me the other day and said it seems like it is coming from the back... All of you with 98's, have you had this problem? When I go over a road hump the car has a terrible spring squeek!
My suspention is stock, and I did replace the front struts 6months ago (back to stock) for this reason.
Should I up grade to Poly bushings? Do most cars that are as old as mine start doing this? I have had the car since it was new and it is in great shape. (not a hooptie like some over moded done wrong TA's!)

Any advice is welcome! Make me a long list I dont care. Suspention is not something I have messed with, but I do like the way my care handles as is! I am at work or home with my 13month old son. I dont have time to lay on the ground or call a bud to listen as I roll over humps.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

my girlfriends v6 does it and its a 98.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

Have you tried greasing the sway bar bushings? If that doesn't fix it, grease the endlink bushings, and then maybe the LCA bushings. I had a similar problem on my g/f's car (squeeky suspention when going over a bump) and greasing the front and rear sway bar bushings remedied the problem.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

I started getting a spring squeak sound from the right rear after I did my rear seat delete, and !spare tire and jack. Makes sense to me. I haven't investigated it yet though.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

Have you tried greasing the sway bar bushings? If that doesn't fix it, grease the endlink bushings, and then maybe the LCA bushings. I had a similar problem on my g/f's car (squeeky suspention when going over a bump) and greasing the front and rear sway bar bushings remedied the problem.
Thats what I had to do. Swaybar bushings were making the most of my noise, FYI.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

thanks yall I will do it when I get a chance.

Quick Reply: old mattress spring sound