Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

PA Racings A arms sway bar mount broke at weld!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PA Racings A arms sway bar mount broke at weld!

So I ordered my Prothane endlinks and bushings for the ILE swaybar last week and was gonna change them with the oil today. I was draining the oil and started on the passenger side undoing the endlinks.

The car felt squirlly and unresponsive over the last few months so I figured the bushings and endlinks were gone.

Well I made it to the driver side and low and behold, where the swaybar connects to the A arm the tab was broken at the weld!

I couldnt believe it, especially given the fact that I had the car to 170mph a few weeks earlier and it felt like the front was unstable unlike the last time at 165.

So I went ahead and removed the swaybar as it really isnt doing anything connected to the passenger side A arm alone.

I hope Speed Inc is gonna help with this or at least the manufacturer PA Racing. I cant believe this, I couldve gotten into an accident especially during those highspeed blasts.

Gonna contact Speed Inc monday. Hopefully the BMR is stronger, I dont know if I even want a replacement from PA Racing now. I think I want the passenger side off as well, at the least I should get compensated somehow.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Default Re: PA Racings A arms sway bar mount broke at weld!

Hey, is that Chromoly arms or mild steel?

Chris
Old 02-02-2003, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Mild steel, dont think it matters as it separated at the weld. Are the BMR A arms as light as PA Racings?
Old 02-04-2003, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

How about getting it rewelded? That might work pretty well.

Where did you hit 165 out here? Only place I can think of is heading towards the 1/4 mile track or on the H3 at night.

<small>[ February 04, 2003, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Narcosynthesis ]</small>