Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Control Arms And K member

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003 | 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

Default BMR Control Arms And K member

Two weeks ago I bought the BMR Control Arms and K-Member for my 2002 Trans Am. I had them installed at the dealer because it was there and they said that they would do it since they had it. Once I got the car back There was a popping coming from the drivers side. I took it back to the dealer and they said that the bushings on the control arms and k-member were weak and that they were collapsing. From what I understand the bushing are polyurathane and I do not understand how the bushings would only collapse on one side. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Becasue the car is still at the dealer and I dont know wether to go to BMR or go to the dealer for the solution. Thanks
Old 02-12-2003 | 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: BMR Control Arms And K member

I'd contact BMR first and see what they can tell you. (If its a problem, they'll know about it). Then find a good suspension and alignment shop in town and ask them what the fee would be to take a look at it (get recommendations on a shop...there are several bad ones for every excellent one, find out where the roadracers and autocrossers go). I'd start there and see what happens, good luck.

Quick Reply: BMR Control Arms And K member