Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

correcting roll center?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 04:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default correcting roll center?

ive lowered the camaro and now ive noticed that the right rear wheel appears to stick out a bit.
an adjustable panhard is on order but when i look at the set up underneath, what is the procedure for centering the wheels? can the car be on a drive-on lift or does it have to be a regular car lift?
what about the crossbar above the panhard? do you have to undo that? is it all a matter of just eyeballing it? thanks for any input!
Old 02-27-2003, 09:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: correcting roll center?

It MUST be on a drive on lift (unless you want to keep lifting the car, adjusting the bar, setting the car down, measuring, relifting, etc....). I do it on my driveway on jack stands.

The ultimate it to get under the car (drive on lift or pit) and ensure that the pinion shaft on the rear-end is in line with the output shaft of the transmission. This is the best it can be.

Most people (I included) just get behind the car when it is sitting on all 4 tires and compare how much the tires stick out on both sides (is it even left and right). Even that up and the rearend will be very close.

Chris