Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Soft/Hard brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Soft/Hard brake pedal

alrighty, many of you all will remember me still having problems with the brakes making clanking sound. I dont want to take it to a shop or dealer of any sort becuase i want to learn how to fix these things. **** i can rebuild an engine and have it running nicely, but i cant figure out the fkking simple brakes! anyways my front two calipers are still making the clanking sound, and when i go to bleed my whole system, the clanking stops for a while then slowly ( like maybe 50 miles later or couple days later) the calipers begin to start making a soft clanking sound then as more time goes they begin to start making loud noticable clanking. i've checked around all the lines and bleed the system to many times. my pedal will be sort of firm then get loose again and have alot of travel, then get firm again and keep cycling back and forth like that every other day. my brakes will still stop, but i have to push more than what i'd really like to. the pads and rotors i have on there are maybe only like 6 months old at the most. i'm really beginning to get tired of these damn brakes and would like to get this fixed, i've owned my car for alittle over a year and from the first day that i got it it's been like that. any help is greatly appriciated! TIA
Old 08-05-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

any one else?

Quick Reply: Soft/Hard brake pedal