Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rattling from rear sway bar endlinks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling from rear sway bar endlinks!

I just installed the BMR heavy duty rear sway bar. And on the endlinks it swivvles about a 1/4 turn or so back and forth. The top is hitting the frame and washer and rattling all the time. I thought I'd just have to make some rubber washers and put them on each side. Unless I did something wrong with installation. It doesn't appear so, the ends natually swivil on that ball that the main bolt goes through. Any ideas?
Old 03-30-2003, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Rattling from rear sway bar endlinks!

You left the extra thread hanging out the bottom of the swaybar and not sticking out of the top of the end link mount right? If not, you may try turning them over and putting th nuts on the bottom. Clarify what is "swiveling" and how and I'll see if I can be more help....
Old 03-30-2003, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know its kind of hard to explain. The endlinks have 2 ends that are round that the bolt goes through. Inside the ends are a kind of metal ball with a hole in it that the bolt goes through. That ball can move. So the ends turn back and forth on that ball. So the only thing stopping it is the frame and the washer on each side so it bangs back and forth. Clear as mud?
Old 04-03-2003, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Calley2001,

I didn't mean to leave you hanging there....sorry. I'm still not clear on exactly which part is the problem. Is there any chance you can send me pics? Post a link here or send me a message and I'll give you my e-mail address to send them to...then maybe I can help out.