Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake line question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003 | 10:47 AM
Teching In

Default Brake line question

I have a 2000 Trans Am with the worthless traction control in it. At the time of purchase I thought it would be nice to have but didn't know it was like an on off switch I thought it had a brain like the ones Acura's have. Well on to my question. I'm upgrading my brakes and want to get stainless steel brake lines. Can I just use the regular 5 line kit and see an improvment? Or do I need to get a 6 line kit that I don't even know if it exists to benefit from this upgrade?
Old 04-23-2003 | 11:27 AM
Teching In

Default Re: Brake line question

Well you have traction control and with that system you will need the six line kit.

Now the only one that I know that makes one is Russell Performance P/N 692170.

I don't know of any of our sponsors that carry this line. Note Earls does not make it.
Old 04-24-2003 | 09:52 PM
Teching In

So anyone else know if just the 5 line kit will improve anything?
Old 04-24-2003 | 11:30 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

THe 5 line kit will help as well. If it were me, I'd simply bleed the brake system and change to good quality fluid. Most people who do steel braided lines see similar improvements by simply bleeding the brakes. The reason behind this is that it removes any air and old fluid that is in the brake system and wil usually (but not always) result in improved brake feel. It is not a bad idea to change them, but if you are going to go through the effort, I'd to them all....Just my thoughts....