Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Window Wierd!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Wierd!

2 times it has happend. Im driving like 140+ and my passenger window rolls down! Im flying and this all the sudden I hear air like a mother! So when I slow Down I asked my friend did U roll down the window? He said na it just started to go down. It was 2 different people each time when it happend so I dunno maybe they hit the window switch but they said they didnt. I was just wondering has this happend to anyone else and or whats wrounge with my window, I know the motor is almost out!
Old 08-14-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Don't go 140 mph then

Wrong forum too btw
Old 08-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

I know my knee sometimes touches the pass. window switch on my door. Could this be it?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, what he said. If I get too comfortable with my door, my knee will roll down my passager side window.

Bet 'ya anything, that's the problem.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Happens a lot to me too. Also, about 140+ is where the aerodynamics start having big pressure differences related from the airstream to the cabin. The outside air is so fast that it has very little pressure, the inner stagnant air has great pressure. So the inside air wants to go past the window into the area of lesser pressure. The only reason I bring this up is that C5 corvettes had some auto journalists comment that at about 140 the windows will pop open with a big bang. Not sure if the window rolled down or the seal just cracks open. I think the c6's drop the window down when you open the door and roll it up when you shut the door so the seal is better (911's do this too). Did it just crack or go all the way down? Maybe the pressure just forced it down...
Old 08-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Default thanx for the advice

ya i was thinking pressure since there would be alot of it, thats wierd but also could be them dumb asses with there knees because its never happend the 2 other times with 150+ driving. I forget I dont have the bump the passenger do on the floor so there position different I never have my knees up in my f body but i dont sit on the other side of my f body. who knows but good guess its the knees hopefully. And anyways I never knew f bodys had governers how do you take it off these cars can do alot more than 160 because when it stopped me i was doing atleast that and not a 5000 rpm in the 4 speed 3.23 stocker!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's a software limiter. You can disable it with a handheld tuner. I'm not sure if you can disable it or not, but you can 'adjust' it. Mine is set for 255 mph. If I ever get that fast, I WANT the damn thing to kick on.

Quick Reply: Window Wierd!