Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Shocks/Struts??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006 | 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by staringback05
im not being cheap....but i take it the hds are cheaper then the revalved? and thats what id go after if i wasnt lowering the car?....
Yup, just so it's clear... when you buy revalved Bilsteins, you're buying HD's and paying for someone (Strano, SLP, whoever) to open them and customize them.
Old 08-19-2006 | 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

sounds good to me, i saw them on thunder for like 339
Old 08-21-2006 | 09:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Caswell
Yup, just so it's clear... when you buy revalved Bilsteins, you're buying HD's and paying for someone (Strano, SLP, whoever) to open them and customize them.
Er.... kind of, but not really.

SLP's are production shocks that are not HD's and each one is just like the last one. They are valved a bit differently, but with SLP springs in mind, and with a comfort factor in mind.

Strano Revalves are built from scratch for the front of the car, and the valving is TBD until we can talk about the parts on the car. What springs, bars, use of the car, wheels and tires, etc. The rear shocks are generally not revalved, but are also *NOT* 4th gen HD's. Most rear springs for this car are very, very similar where most fronts are not. And it so happens there is a ready-made shock for the rear that works well in most cases. BUT NOT ALL CASES. Some springs are just too heavy to be controlled by the shock I use in the rear. When that happens, we use Koni's. To revalve all 4 shocks puts you @ Koni prices and you'd end up with non adjustable shocks in the end.

Which is right for you? Can't say. Have to discuss it with you (and not by e-mail).
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Shocks/Struts??